I suggest you ...

Templates/masters

Allow elements to be easily reused across pages.

1,155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheena PakanatiAdminSheena Pakanati (Staff, Mockingbird) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GoBeckyGoBecky shared a merged idea: Update a common page element in one place & have it automagically update on every page  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: all components from 'parent' pages should be visible on 'child' pages (i.e. master pages)  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: master page  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JosephJoseph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so excited to have just figured out that you can copy grouped elements and paste them onto other pages using the "ctrl + C" and "ctrl + V" keyboard shortcuts. This is so much better than having to start from scratch.

• Cameron EldredCameron Eldred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about standard frames that give the look feel of mobile devices? I realize that wire framing is not intended to convey look/tone/feel style elements, but such an easy feature might make the viewing experience more engaging for non-tyechnical people like potential investors in a company.

• CrankNPlankCrankNPlank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just throwing in my two cents...

I'm hating having to violate the "don't repeat yourself" maxim. I have multiple states of headers and footers that are reused across pages. Having to modify them on each individual page if changed will be tedious.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the page size to be set as a default at the start of a project - especially important for tablet design. Thanks

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a must have feature, it's really boring to copy/paste elements through my different pages. And if i make a little modification, I have to repeat it to all others elements.

simply select all the content you want to use then copy and past it thats how i do it works for me seems to me its already there

This feature is the first thing I looked for when I trialled this. Desperately required.

• Daren John ScottDaren John Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this functionality? I'm having RSI (lol, no joke) having to redo every sub page when my 'master page' receives some retro-edits.

• Robert SpeerRobert Speer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this feature for larger sites. I've mostly been using mockingbird for describing new features for existing sites. I've just mocked up a whole app's mvp and making changes to the global header & footer requires editing every page, which is not an effective use of my time.

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anthony describes exactly what im looking for. i want to be able to design a "gadget" or page or component and then drag and drop it onto a canvas. now that i described it, it would be really cool if i could group something together and save that as a functioning widget that would display on my toolbar.

• EvaEva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Luke, Anthony, Will etc, I'd like to reuse groups of elements which will change automatically through the site when adjusting the original group. Thanks.

• Anthony WhitakerAnthony Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essentially, I would like to be able to design a Page. And then, drag & drop that Page onto the canvas, in exactly the same way we currently drop widgets. The dropped page would be uneditable... but these dropped pages should automatically update when the actual Page is updated.

Concrete example:
        1) Create a page called "Login" add user/pass fields.
        2) Drag the Login page from the "pages" box onto the "Home" page and position accordingly.
        3) As needed, edit the Login page and preview results back on the "Home" page.

If there is a way to donate, I will personally help fund this effort.

• will123195will123195 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I frequently use nav bars (and button bars and tabs). Since they are reused on various pages a template element would be great. However, for this to be useful I would need the ability to change the * selected element on each instance of the nav bar.

I imagine templates would be uneditable -- but you could still allow editing of the asterisks to change which tab has the active state.

• lukeluke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, this is needed. I'd ideally like to be able to create a library of (named) groups of elements. A library of 'sets'. This would allow enough flexibility to allow different users to create their own workflows - letting users create page templates and smaller widget templates.

• DarwiniumDarwinium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very need this feature. Still mockingbird havn't this function, our company is unable to fully pass. Because of this we have to use the Axura PRO =(

• Luke CrawfordLuke Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I'd love a way to create my own "meta objects", basically a "named group" like someone else mentioned. It would be a collection of items that I group into one, and if I changed the "root" item all uses of it would change correspondingly. Kind of like Sketchpad back in the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZqRJzE8xg

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base