I suggest you ...

Text formatting (bold, italics, underline)

Allow text to be bolded, etc.

692 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheena PakanatiAdminSheena Pakanati (Staff, Mockingbird) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran to Google for Markdown shortcuts (bold in particular) for Mockingbird .. so yeah .. that's what I expected to be happening :)

• Mark WaddleMark Waddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

text formatting can have a significant impact on the feel of a design. please add this! thanks!

• EvaEva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@lolmaus but widgets for links do exist. You could leave white space in a textfield and paste a link widget on top of it. :-)

• Sarah McAleerSarah McAleer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm guessing this includes letter and word spacing. If so, yes please this affects layout of elements and how much space they take up.

• KaskeKaske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't necessarily have to be cluttered, it depends how you implement it. Nevertheless, I think its more usable to have it.

• NabhaNabha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To those with concerns that the toolbar may be cluttered — other icons can be moved.

This is the first good wireframing application I've used, but in other programs usually Group, Ungroup, move to front, align, etc. features are relatively hidden, not on the main toolbar.

I've used group and ungroup often, but thanks to the good built-in snapping, haven't needed align. And I also haven't used any of the move-to-x features.

• NabhaNabha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Sheena: BaseCamp uses something like MarkDown if I remember correctly, and they do a good job of making the instructions easy.

• Sam LownSam Lown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basic MarkDown or Textile support would be great. Being able to make text bold or italic allows for subtle emphasis which is really important while prototyping. I certainly wouldn't add more buttons to the toolbar to support this though!

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, markdown would be perfect. Keeps it simple yet flexible. Needs no additional UI.

• André BrocatusAndré Brocatus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or use textile.Or what you could do is make a mini formatting bar at the top of the textarea box when in editing mode. Not a persistent formatting bar. I miss this in text area the most. Also a LINK style for simulating inline links.

• kolosovskakolosovska commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm afraid that if you implement this, the project won't be so simple and neat, as it is now

Feedback and Knowledge Base