I suggest you ...

Increased interactivity in preview mode.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheena PakanatiAdminSheena Pakanati (Staff, Mockingbird) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CraigCraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about interactive controls, such as typing in text boxes, selecting drop down values, selecting radio buttons and checkboxes, etc.?

• Jason SmithsonJason Smithson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

futnuh, there is already a separate request for preserving links in PDF I'm linking to below. Clicking on links in Preview already takes you the page linked to so I don't follow that part. I'd like to see links change color in the preview, a la CSS hover, what other interactivity are we talking about Sheena?

http://forums.gomockingbird.com/forums/44049-feedback-feature-requests/suggestions/530079-preserve-links-in-exported-pdfs-?ref=title

• futnuhfutnuh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Larry, simple (internal) linking between elements and pages gets us 99% there. I.e., allow any and all graphical element to be associated with a specific page in the project. Then, in preview mode, clicking on that element would change the view to the desired page. Importantly, PDF exports should preserve the link structure. At the moment I export to PDF and then create hotspots and destinations manually.

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sheena -- simple linking accomplishes 99% of the need. I fear introducing anything else would complicate a wonderfully simply GUI. What do you have in mind?

Feedback and Knowledge Base