Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheena PakanatiAdminSheena Pakanati (Staff, Mockingbird) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like your product but I've had to cancel my subscription because of the lack of IE support.

The larger the corporate client is, the more likely they're stuck on older and older versions of IE. For a business product, the lack of IE support is kind of ludicrous. Make a less functional read-only version of the webapp, that's fine, but no one likes being confronted with a screen telling them to download a different browser.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You shuldn't use FoxOnFire either, cuz it's slower and way more retarded then IE and the shit's on fire. ^^

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You simply should not use IE. Why? is the worst browser. do yourself a favor and start using reliable browsers like Firefox and Chrome

• SiteclickSiteclick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential. Some of our clients are big law firms, etc, and they don't have a choice about using IE. I agreed that IE is a cack browser, but I want my clients to be able to use Mockingbird online, not just via the PDF or PNG versions. It's important that they can experience it by clicking between pages, etc - it's much easier for them to understand this way which means less customer support required from me. When can we expect this to be live?

• John MacphersonJohn Macpherson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a let down for the product.

Exactly what Koray said above.

Very few web developers are going to be using IE, but its the clients thats the problem. They may be stuck on a corporate network or using an older pc.

I'm awaiting a client to get back to me right now, and i just know im going to have to ask them to go and download another browser, as they are not on quick broadband connection it may take them 30 mins to get it up and running. People are so busy these days and its not acceptable to ask them to do that.

This needs addressed before anything else.

• donut2ddonut2d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I figure since one can export the mockups to PDF and PNG that there's not a whole lot of reason to support IE.

• markmark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason I disagree with all the negativity in this section is that sometimes we have to show our work to PM's and Managers who "can't be bothered with switching browsers". But then I can't bring myself to vote this up either.

• koray.sakiroglukoray.sakiroglu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developers might not like the idea, but, as much as I dislike IE, in some company it is the standard browser because of compatibility issues.
        When you "share" your mockingbird project so that your client can see it, and he only has IE... It's great to think about features for the developers using this tool, but don't forget the ones who are going to watch the mock ups.

• JoannaJoanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Negative vote for this as well, there is more functionality which would be of more use than this as the developer can just use a different browser pretty easily.

• thehodappthehodapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a terrible idea. Who the hell develops websites in IE? If IE does things right with IE9 then mockingbird should probably get support for it, BUT ONLY if they do everything at least on par with other modern browsers.

• ShirleeShirlee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another negative vote. (I actually voted for the negative voting feature in uservoice ;-)

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with goolic. Don't. It would take attention off developing other features and it's not onerous to ask project stakeholders to use a decent browser.

• goolicgoolic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DON'T unless it wont make harder to speed mocking bird up and add interesting features.

If you voted this get a better browser Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE 8 etc

Feedback and Knowledge Base